Topic Locked  
Author  Message

GREATSMITTY
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 7:32:58 AM | IP Logged

is any body going to buy this game. the price is to steep for me. and not enough play for the money. 

Topic Locked

Otto Kriete
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/1/1953 (70)

Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 5:56:23 PM | IP Logged

I'm assuming that by TW2010, you're referring to TWO ( Tiger Woods Online, as it is named) ?

I have to agree........... I've withheld subscribing because at $60 / year ( that's right , folks........ PER YEAR), it's not enough value for the dollar.........

Much has been discussed with regard to what the future will bring to the game. If they manage to develop a decent Course Architect, I'm in. 

Topic Locked

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8:35:41 AM | IP Logged

Same here, as soon as the CA comes out I'm in... that's worth the money. Although the game's price is comparable with most games on the market, the output level just is not there without the CA. 

Topic Locked

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 1:13:45 PM | IP Logged

I was planning on purchasing up until EA decided it would be nice to discontinue the TW08 EASO servers so soon after launching TWO. With the current lack of features and the quality level of the game, and the indifference EA appears to have in regards to customers that have already paid for a product, it will take some extremely significant changes to the game including a course architect to get me to pay EA for another online game. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 7:03:36 PM | IP Logged

jmeier said:
"and the indifference EA appears to have in regards to customers that have already paid for a product,"

What indifference are you referring to? 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Topic Locked

Von010
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 7:31:20 PM | IP Logged

I have just joined this site after seeing a friends 08 courses here and comparing them to what you get at TWO. For the sheer number of great courses and the lack of choice alone TWO has a long way to go before it can match this version,thats not mentioning the gameplay issues.Im quite annoyed at how hard it is to obtain a legal version of TW08.I have tried to download it digitally at the EAshop but due to some error with card details on their part mind you I cannot get hold of a version as yet.A Very disgruntled but usually faithful EA All Sports Supporter. 

Topic Locked

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 7:34:47 PM | IP Logged

Just a stab in the dark here, but could JMeier possibly be referring to the fact they they are shutting the servers down with very little notice to their existing customers?

As i say this is just a wild guess. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Topic Locked

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8:09:26 PM | IP Logged

Not speaking for him but I believe that's exactly what he's referring to.

I see a lot of potential with TWO. In fact I think it could be an awesome game. A few tweaks and a CA would be a gigantic step in the right direction.

Topic Locked

MeTuffArky
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8:26:08 PM | IP Logged

Have purchased TWo5, 07, and o8...and enjoy playing all three. At least I will have the games on disk to play when I can't afford to purchase TW2010. Am 67 years old on a tight pension, and disappointed to see my main entertainment shut down. Guess loyalty doesn't enter the picture when greed takes over. With no disk for TW2010 you will have nothing to show for it after your initial year subscription is over. Wonder if Tiger Woods would have treated his Dad this way. 

Topic Locked

davy1960hill
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 6/30/1960 (63)

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 9:23:53 PM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"
jmeier said:
"and the indifference EA appears to have in regards to customers that have already paid for a product,"

What indifference are you referring to?"

I tend to agree with Jimbo here, Tim. and before you say it yes, I know they have given 30 days notice, which is all they promised, and yes I know they have kept the servers running for years..

BUT - the obvious attempt at manipulation is way too clear, and the timing releasing a buggy product and closing the servers is way too apparently proof of that.

The vast majority of the Pc TWTour community have been left out of the picture with the new arcade style TWO. Most of our concerns have been ignored, with the most we get in return being a promise that the features that we consider essential wil be added some time down tha track.

In defence of TWO it has recently become MUCH better in its ball and green physics and is starting to play quite well in true swing, but the enormous inequity between tru swing and 3 click they have created a new rift between the swing type - worse than ever before. Also the idea of "purchasing" skills and "magic" clubs and clothing that improve your game (rather than practice) are a million miles from what the sim golfers want.

Add to that the lack of essential features (Course architect, turn based multiplay, proper ball drop functionality, ability to position on tee, user set tournies (beyond club-only restriction), a chat lobby in the load game phase, mutiple game types (alt shot, etc.) ...etc. etc.) the timing of the release and the server closure have left a very bad taste in many of our mouths :( 

davy1960hill Signature

Topic Locked

PCDurum
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 9:37:47 PM | IP Logged

I think a CA would be a definate step in the right direction.Ive just given my mate Von my back up version of 08 so he can play( Im good like that :)EA are trying to herd us down a cynically engineered corporate funnell of greed and into a product not yet really finished or worthy and spruced up like some tarty impersonation of a great songwriter! Like comparing Joni Mitchell to Lady Ga Ga. Well Im sure you know what I mean but then again some people like Joni Mitchell I suppose! (Only joking) C:

PS; Ive always gladly bought all the updates 2000 thru 2008 and many other EA sports titles like madden and the cricket and soccer games but my buck stops at this but what is my money worth to EA in the big scheme of things? :C Exactly  

PCDurum Signature

CGX Design Team

Topic Locked

Danut Golf
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 6/2/1955 (68)

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 10:38:18 PM | IP Logged

davy1960hill said:
"
DivotMaker said:
"
jmeier said:

What indifference are you referring to?"

I tend to agree with Jimbo here, Tim. and before you say it yes, I know they have given 30 days notice, which is all they promised, and yes I know they have kept the servers running for years..

BUT - the obvious attempt at manipulation is way too clear, and the timing releasing a buggy product and closing the servers is way too apparently proof of that.
"

Whoa! I just have to respond to this. As much as I hate the fact that EASO is going away, it is not like we have no play choices anymore. We will still have everything we need to play tournies. I don't think there is a tour out there who will quit on TW08 because of a lack of EASO. In my opinion, if they do, they are making a big mistake. All I need to do is point to Clambakers who have been doing without EASO for years. That has always been their preference. And if I'm not mistaken, they are also the largest tour. And if any tours give up on TW08 they will also be giving up on custom courses as well.

I personally don't care for the new TWO, but your opinion of what is wrong with it, and how EA is the big bad wolf, even if others agree with you, is like beating a dead dog. In the meantime, literally millions of others will be happily playing their new web based golf game.

It's time we stop bashing EA for all the years they gave us a game and we still complained about it - to no end! Get over it. I am more concerned with where TW08 will be going in the near future than where it has been in the past.

Danut Golf Signature

Dont look back - All youll ever get is the dust from the steps before

Topic Locked

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 at 1:03:34 AM | IP Logged

If I didn't know better, I would swear old Bill gates and Microsoft were calling the shots for EA. You know, the philosophy that "geez, we have finally provided a product that most folks like, so let's change it. And while we're at it, lets make our previous products virtually obsolete so that they'll have to buy our new product." Another thing that is really sad is that if TWO doesn't go over very well is that EA will blame it on Tiger's recent woes, when that will be far from the truth. I, for one, am sick of this kind of corporate greed and refuse to "purchase" TWO, no matter if it good or not. So, I guess if TW08 goes down the drain, I will go with it. EA has seen the last dollar they'll ever get from me. All just my opinion of course....... 

Topic Locked

kieronbwfc
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 10/18/1953 (70)

Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 at 5:59:52 AM | IP Logged

edited by: kieronbwfc on Friday, April 16, 2010 at 12:40:00 PM error

slippery1 said:
"I, for one, am sick of this kind of corporate greed and refuse to purchase TWO, no matter if it good or not. So, I guess if TW08 goes down the drain, I will go with it. EA has seen the last dollar theyll ever get from me. All just my opinion of course......."

It isnt any good slippery so no worries there. Same sentiments from me too. EA are only bothered about the mighty Dollar. If I wanted an arcade version of TW Id have bought a Wii.
To quote The Doors this is the end , my only friend , the end. 

Topic Locked

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 at 4:59:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: dawg8 on Friday, April 16, 2010 at 5:00:00 PM

Hi Fellow

Go to...GoGamer.com...I bought two copies of TW08 about two weeks
ago...no problem. Order them on Sunday you should get them by Thursday.

Good Luck

dawg8/sd4620

This is to Von010 

Topic Locked

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2:55:34 PM | IP Logged

After playing a few Beta rounds on 2010 online, it is very obvious that they are releasing a product that is very inferior to TW2008. I would say TW2010 offers 25-30% of the options available on TW2008. There are very few controls and options for 2010....heck , they don't even have women avatars. Everyone looks the same and you can't even see your opponent when you play them. There are no camera options and you can't even move on the tee box. I'm not sure if they will let you form clubs or set your own tournaments. I got a list of complaints a mile long, but that's all I'll say for now.......a 6 month shut down notice would have been nice.....but this is strictly money related, with little or no concern for their loyal customers. 

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 8:59:18 PM | IP Logged

davy1960hill said:
"

In defence of TWO it has recently become MUCH better in its ball and green physics and is starting to play quite well in true swing, but the enormous inequity between tru swing and 3 click they have created a new rift between the swing type - worse than ever before. Also the idea of "purchasing" skills and "magic" clubs and clothing that improve your game (rather than practice) are a million miles from what the sim golfers want.

Add to that the lack of essential features (Course architect, turn based multiplay, proper ball drop functionality, ability to position on tee, user set tournies (beyond club-only restriction), a chat lobby in the load game phase, mutiple game types (alt shot, etc.) ...etc. etc.) the timing of the release and the server closure have left a very bad taste in many of our mouths :("

The concept of "purchasing skills" through mastering gameplay is not a new concept to TW PC. It has been there since TW2003. The only difference is TWO does not give users the ability to start with a Pro golfer. While there is a separation between the swings, there always has been with TW since the inception of TS in TW2002. I agree there are some improvements that need to be made primarily to 3-click, there is a very good discussion ongoing in the TWO forums about this issue and I am going to make sure Greg and the TWO Dev Team have a good look at this thread.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/499180.page

There are no "magic clubs". There is little to no difference between the default clubs you could purchase in TW08 and the licensed clubs and the same is true for TWO. This is a misnomer that has somehow spread through the community because the EA clubs that can be purchased with in-game money are as good and in some cases better than the licensed clubs. I have spent extensive time with both in BOTH games and I speak from experience.

As far as the lack of features, like Mr. Danut stated above, you are beating a dead horse as this has been known since Day One of Beta One. That being said, some of you think that EA is sitting on their laurels. It has just been announced that Turn Based Multiplayer is scheduled to be rolled out in a multi-phase implementation NEXT MONTH. See link below:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/500102.page#4679603

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/500865.page

EA is working hard to deliver features that the community has asked for. There is a great deal of new MP features coming as well as a new lobby and matchmaking system that will be receiving a much-needed overhaul. To me, this shows EA is not sitting idly by and hoping that the current TWO will be enough...they know it isn't and information like this proves this.

Lastly, the TW08 server has been up since August of 2007. It was originally scheduled to be shut down in January of 2009, but EA decided that would be foolish and not a good gesture at all to the PC community. I am still trying to convince them to postpone this decision. I hope I am successful, but if not, I do feel badly for those who rely on EASO for TW online play. While you can certainly theorize as to EA's motives because of the timing, they have maintained the server for a full year longer than previous TW PC servers.

I "get it" that many here don't feel TWO is for them at this stage. I truly respect how you feel. However, EA IS committed to TWO fully from Peter Moore on down and they will continue to drive improvements and new and innovative features for the game to attract as many users new to TW PC and veterans like us. Stay tuned for more information as things develop....

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 9:06:36 PM | IP Logged

kieronbwfc said:
"

It isnt any good slippery so no worries there. Same sentiments from me too. EA are only bothered about the mighty Dollar. If I wanted an arcade version of TW Id have bought a Wii.
To quote The Doors this is the end , my only friend , the end."

Matter of opinion regarding TWO....

However, I am guessing you have not played the Wii version TW10 have you? Play it with the most challenging swing using the Motion + attachment for the Wiimote and get back to me about how "arcade" that game is. It is more of a simulation than ANY OTHER TW version regardless of platform....TW11 will have even more simulation features as TOUR Pro with the TrueView cameras is as close to a golf simulator as anything I have ever seen....AND...the PS3 version of TW11 will support the new PS3 Move motion controller (once it is released in the Summer) and if it has the same swing and cameras as TW11 for Wii, it will be THE best version of TW for consoles and quite possibly the best TW version ever.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Topic Locked

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 10:19:02 PM | IP Logged

Thank you DivotMaker for your information on TWO. Do you know if LAN will disappear when the EA servers are shut down ? 

Topic Locked

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 10:44:19 PM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"
kieronbwfc said:
"

To quote The Doors this is the end , my only friend , the end."

Matter of opinion regarding TWO....

However, I am guessing you have not played the Wii version TW10 have you? Play it with the most challenging swing using the Motion + attachment for the Wiimote and get back to me about how "arcade" that game is. It is more of a simulation than ANY OTHER TW version regardless of platform....TW11 will have even more simulation features as TOUR Pro with the TrueView cameras is as close to a golf simulator as anything I have ever seen....AND...the PS3 version of TW11 will support the new PS3 Move motion controller (once it is released in the Summer) and if it has the same swing and cameras as TW11 for Wii, it will be THE best version of TW for consoles and quite possibly the best TW version ever...."

Great info Tim. One thing I really don't understand is all the complaining about subscribing to TWO for a year, when it's 60 every year for a new version of a console game that doesn't evolve through out the year.

I have a Wii so i'll check out the 11 version when it's out.

Again, thanks for the info. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

Topic Locked

Page of 5
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
rgaps, RichardT,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - tw2010 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.656 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 11:53:21 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.