Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Ledfether
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 3:53:53 PM | IP Logged

First time here,

Would someone please clue me in to what this site is? I looked for an "about" to read and didn't see one. I have limited time at the moment, would someone clue me in on what this is?

I love to play TW2008 on the XBox-360, in fact its the only game I play. I stumbled in here looking for some information on one of the courses.

I think this is only a PC based way to run TW? Even at that, I'm starting from "clueless" but really interested. I'm not much for playing on the PC because I'm usually on the PC all day and would rather be in my recliner for leisure play on a bigger screen! But, this site has me very interested.

Would someone, or more than one person try to give me the "cliff notes" version of what I have found here? That way if its something I think I could get in to, I can make the time to come back and read much more.

Thanks in advance for any help!I know wide open newbie questions irritate some sites, I'm hoping for some benevolence!  

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 5:02:27 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Bobby Bolin on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 5:02:00 PM

This site is dedicated to the PC version of TW08 (and its predecessors). There is a community of designers who have created thousands of courses (fictional and real, most real based on usgs and foreign elevation data) that can be installed and played in the game, PC only. There are also several tours where players play in online matches and tournaments. 

Ledfether
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 10:19:20 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Ledfether on Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 10:29:00 AM

Thanks Bobby, sounds like a lot of fun!

Knowing my luck I''''d end up obsessed with it and in the office at night as well as all day working. But, I''''ll be thinking about it. I really do like playing the game. I''''''''ll have to look in to how to install it and take a look.

Interesting that its 2008 and prior. I found 2008 was the best version for me on XBox and went back to that, and now its all I play.

Is the base program free or for purchase? (I know the answer is here somewhere, just thought I''''d throw the question out)

Thanks for your time

Edit: tried to fix the punctuation but there is a real problem with this board and trying to use apostrophes it seems. 4 tries and it will have to be what it is.

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 11:28:56 AM | IP Logged

Everything on this site is free. Donations are accepted as well. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 11:56:10 AM | IP Logged

You can still buy a TW08 version of the TW08 game on ebay ( be sure to buy the PC version )

https://www.ebay.com/p/60492724

Or on Amazon, but the price is high there:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000OPOCFU/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:14:25 PM | IP Logged

Make sure you buy the DVD(disk) version NOT the download version. 

There are 2 active members online
Bobby Bolin, Marklk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Clue in the clueless - Page 1 Loaded in 0.297 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 8:47:58 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.