TW08 on large monitor
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

golfingod
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 10:13:59 AM | IP Logged

I've got TW08 on win 10, no problems. I have two monitors, TW runs on one and something else is usually running on monitor 2. I'm thinking of getting one big (34") monitor - does anyone know if TW08 will run in a window or a portion of a big monitor? I can't find a way to make it do that, takes up one whole monitor, not in a resizable window. Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 11:53:27 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Golfingod,

Not sure it is possibble to do that, but i know that you can t run TW08 in windowed mode, it only supports full screen. 

golfingod
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 at 6:08:01 PM | IP Logged

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum, Gunpower61. Thanks for your reply.

I did find an open source app for Windows, DXWnd - the app is developed to run older games and such that want to run full-screen in a window. Passed Malwarebytes.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

It's portable. I unrared it and created a shortcut to the app.
Run as administrator - in the shortcut, properties/compatibility screen in win10

Run the app via the shortcut, click edit/add, enter TW08 name, and browse for the path - think once that's in you can run click OK, then run TW08 by clicking on the icon it in the DXWnd app window. It worked fine for me, don't think I did anything else. Once it ran I closed it, and went back into DXWnd, right-clicked the TW08 icon/modify and changed the windows initial size to 1200 x 800. If you mess with the window size you may have to adjust for aspect ratio, I clicked Keep aspect ratio. Played a full game in it and had no problem.

The help is pretty good, has a beginner section which was all I needed. Also if you have a dual monitor setup as I do you can play TW08 in the window and move your cursor to the other monitor, which is nice at times.

Hope this helps someone else who would like to run TW08 in a window. I'll check back in a few days to answer any questions, as long as they aren't hard...!

Golfingod

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:52:32 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Golfingod, big thanks for posting the solution. 

Philo_Beddoe
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 at 11:44:13 AM | IP Logged

Tried the DXWnd app for playing in window mode. It works using the stock resolutions. Unfortunately I am using the widescreen patch and could not get it to work when using a resolution Higher than 1280x1024, 1600X1200, 1024X768. You will get an error message that the resolution is no supported. I play in 1920X1080.
Has anyone played with this app using the widescreen patch and been able to get it to work?  

There are 1 active members online
Daskeezy1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW08 on large monitor - Page 1 Loaded in 0.343 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 1:57:11 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.