Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

MikeT
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 6:02:20 PM | IP Logged

edited by: MikeT on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 6:27:00 PM

Hey guys I''ve recently come across this problem after trying to install the new course "THE RUMBLING SPIRE`S" - Tried to play it in single player and got an error that a file is missing, I need to reinstall the course. Which I did including reinstalling all the libraries associated with that course. Analyzed installed files and I got an error of Augusta is using mis-named library files and the install analyzer crashes.

So I removed RUMBLING SPIRE`S and analyzed my install files again and got this error:

Quote:
"Augusta 2008: is using mis-named library files. This could cause undesired effects while playing.
Augusta 2008 is actually named Augusta 2008 Ver 2"

[Augusta course plays perfectly fine without any issues]

Steps I have taken so far without any success:

-Reinstalled Augusta 2008 and all its libraries
-Checked for incorrect file path locations and none found. (For example, removing a space in the filepath as mentioned in another topic)
-Had an idea of renaming the file myself but there was no file which I saw to rename, I even opened up the course''''s config file hoping I would find the name "Augusta 2008" to rename. - No luck
-Tried to remove the course registries using regedit but had no luck finding the registry entries for that specific course.

My OS is Win 7

Anyone else had a similar problem before? Any advice / suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Edit: Downloaded and tried the registry supplied by jbcalg from this topic. Error still remains.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 10:00:34 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 10:03:00 AM

Hiya,
About the error message:
Augusta 2008: is using mis-named library files. This could cause undesired effects while playing.
Augusta 2008 is actually named Augusta 2008 Ver 2"

You can ignore that error message, years ago the designer of the library Augusta uploaded a new version of the library ( Augusta 2008 Ver 2 )
Both versions of the library are working perfect, so you can ignore that error message.
The original greens of the library Augusta were too fast, so the designer released a new library ( Ver 2 )with slower greens.
It has nothing to do with the new course The Rumbling Spire''s, that course is not using that library

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 10:13:58 AM | IP Logged

One of out members Jimbo63 mentioned maybe the create myzipfile is too big, good thinking Jim.
Try this:

When you are using the create myzip tool:
There are a lot of libraries used, maybe the create myzip size is too big:

So you have to split the create myzip in 2 parts:
When you go to the course download page, at right side you will see all required libraries.
All libraries with a red x will be included in the create my zip file.
So when you see 20 libraries with a red x, just click on the red x of 10 libraries, and the red x will turn in a green V.
After that download the course again with the create myzip feature, and it should work.

Now you have to download the other part:
Go back to the course download page, and at right side click again on the 10 same libraries ( the same libraries you turned in a green v in the first part ).
Now the 10 libraries will turn back in a red x.
Now click on the 10 other libraries, and they will turn in a green V
( you already downloaded them in the first create myzip )
After that download the course again with the Create myzip feature.
(Note: TWCaddie will tell you the course is already installed, but ignore that and the 10 libraries will be installed )
(So you included 10 libraries in the first part, and 10 libraries in the second part.) 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 11:41:25 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 11:43:00 AM

Members having problems to download The Rumbling, can download ( create myzip ) on link below:
( link is also added in the shoutbox )
The file can only be downloaded 10 times, so please only people who need it download please

https://myaccount.dropsend.com/file/ec6668c76da15ffb 

MikeT
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 3:38:19 PM | IP Logged

edited by: MikeT on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 3:38:00 PM

Thank you for all the help and advice so far Gunpower61, I don''t create a myzip file when downloading courses, I download each of them individually and install them all together, I''ve uninstalled and reinstalled all the library files associated with RUMBLING`S SPIRES.

I downloaded your myzip file but still I get an error of no file found.
This is really the 1st course which has given me problems and since this works for a lot of people, I guess it''s an issue with my game or OS.

Thanks again for everything Gunpower61 

Rickie
General Member
Japan

Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 4:38:11 PM | IP Logged

Hello MikeT, exactly the same trouble occurred to me.
I too, tried a lot of measures including the Gun's Zip File to no avail.
It's a pity with that glorious splash screen. 

There are 1 active members online
rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Missing file / Mis-named library files - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 10:43:53 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.