Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Jmbrown41500
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 8:17:12 AM | IP Logged

Dear All,

I am sure this has already been asked but if someone could give me some insight that would be great.

I am currently playing TW08 on my pc. I was wondering how easy it is to add custom courses to the career mode?

Do you actually add new events? Can you ? is there a tool to do this?

Obviously would like to add the usual’s, Augusta Boston etc.

Many Thanks
Justin

My Bag

TaylorMade M1 DRIVER 9.5 – Extra Stiff
TaylorMade M1 3 WOOD 15.0 – Extra Stiff
TaylorMade M1 3 HYBRID 19.0 – Extra Stiff
TaylorMade PSI – 4-SW – DYNAMA GOLD – Stiff
TaylorMade TP WEDGE 60.0
TaylorMade Ghost PUTTER
TAYLOR MADE TP X BALLS

My Rig

AMD FX 9590 – 4.5 GHZ
8GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 12:27:41 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 12:30:00 PM

Hello,

It is not easy to add custom courses in Career, but there is a workaround, some people did great research.
I think it is good idea to read all posts on link below, be sure to read JoSummer his posts:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?thepage=1&post=8870&bookmark=#0 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 8:26:42 AM | IP Logged

Jmbrown415000000 said:
"
I am currently playing TW08 on my pc. I was wondering how easy it is to add custom courses to the career mode?

"

There's another topic regarding custom careers with a download link to the 0.4 version the CEditor-Helper. The version allows to create careers and to replace courses of existing careers.

http://www.coursedownloads.net/forum/posts.asp?thepage=5&post=10168&bookmark=#0 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 10:44:52 AM | IP Logged

Jmbrown415000000 said:
"Dear All,

I am sure this has already been asked but if someone could give me some insight that would be great.

Obviously would like to add the usual’s, Augusta Boston etc.

"

To my knowledge there is no way to edit the existing career that comes with the game. If you create a custom career with Jo Summer's CE-Helper as described above you can change the courses for different events that you create, even up to the time that you play the event. So if someone comes up with a better version or a course that you feel would be more interesting or challenging, you can change it. Once a career has been created I can't remember if you can add or subtract an event. I don't think that functionality is programmed into the helper or not. I think that was something that Jo was working on for a future version of the helper. Maybe Jo can help us answer that? 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:01:39 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"
To my knowledge there is no way to edit the existing career that comes with the game ... Once a career has been created I can't remember if you can add or subtract an event."

It's possible to edit an existing career when it comes to courses, settings, tournament info. To add/remove events without crashing the game is another story. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:52:17 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 10:00:00 AM

Hi Jo, i have a question.
What versions of TW we need to have installed to set up a custom career in TW08 ?
Do we still need TW06 and TW07 to set up a career in TW08 when using 0.4 version of the CEditor-Helper 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, January 25, 2016 at 6:43:31 AM | IP Logged

Hello Pat, only TW2008 is required + the modified 06 dll's, the career editor of TW06 (everything included in the helper .zip.)Readme file explains how to set it up. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, January 25, 2016 at 7:04:01 AM | IP Logged

Thank you Jo for all your amazing career-editing tool and for making it freely available to everyone. Cannot say that enough or too often! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:40:02 AM | IP Logged

Yes i second that, thanks for the reply Jo, and for all the great work you do for tiger woods community. 

JP Denny 09
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, January 25, 2016 at 4:15:08 PM | IP Logged

yes Jo does alot of work to keep things going and other points of interest by members from the golf community, Jo has done a fantastic job in creating the tool we use for recording played round information that we use on Golf-4Fun Tour. With the ability to have any player(s) to be able to play other members or friends in different levels, I E being able to set a game with same course and conditions for all levels of play and to allow a novice player join a Advance members game and have it record to the correct level of each person in that game, and to boot the tool also allows true swingers to play with 3 clickers and still record to proper level that is played by the members.

At Golf-4Fun Tour we do have a Match Play League setup with the site and tool to allow 1 V 1 play for rankings and points with total wins and losses, and with this setup we have a strong chance to make even more fun with other game formats like Alternate shot, Bloodsome, and Greensome, Scramble 2 n 4 players well most formats that are in the game.

And when Jo first tried to do the project Tunngle I did think that many would inquire about it more and see what its all about, and it does seem that many these days are not into the Match Play format like it was back when EASO was online.

We do have a great site at Golf-4Fun Tour and hope that more look in and see just what we have setup and how its all posted for the members to view.

Many Thanks do go out to Jo for his continued hard work in keeping a a great community of us golfers informed and up to snuff with extra game helps like the career editor for a different line up of the in game Tour challenge.

JPDenny Golf-4Fun Tour  

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 at 11:11:51 AM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"
huskereurocat said:
"
To my knowledge there is no way to edit the existing career that comes with the game ... Once a career has been created I can't remember if you can add or subtract an event."

It's possible to edit an existing career when it comes to courses, settings, tournament info. To add/remove events without crashing the game is another story."

I didn't know that it was possible to edit the existing vanilla career that comes with the game. I was under the impression that only a created career could be altered? Sounds a little lame to edit the existing career, considering what a wonderful career that you can create with your modification and edit the courses going forward for successive seasons.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 7:45:26 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"Sounds a little lame to edit the existing career, considering what a wonderful career that you can create with your modification and edit the courses going forward for successive seasons."

One persons lame is another persons game! I only ever play single seasons. I have one challenge and goal when I play a season, to be #1 in earnings at the end of the year. I have accomplished that only once, back in 1995 playing Pro Tour golf. Never come remotely close while playing TW 08, I could count the number of tournaments I have won over the years on one hand. 

There are 0 active members online

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Career modifications - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Tuesday, April 16, 2024 @ 11:22:27 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.